Securing your phone in the car & using it whilst driving
There are quite a few rules when it comes to using your phone legally and safely in the car but after thoroughly reading and understanding them there are two main parts that you need to adhere to.
This simplification only addresses fully licensed, provisional P2 (green Ps) and cyclists.
Aspect 1: Using your phone whilst driving
- Bluetooth Headset or Speakerphone or a
- Voice activated command through your car kit.
- Many new cars now come with buttons mounted on the steering wheel and using those to answer and hang up calls is ok too.
Aspect 2: Holding and securing your phone
To use your phone as Sat Nav or to play music through your phone etc, even to simply to have it switched on in the car it needs to be held in a commercially designed holder or cradle, something that was professionally manufactured to do just that.
- The position of the cradle is important too, it can't obscure the road ahead and it can't be in harms way if there was an accident.
- You could use a Bury System 9 cradle for this and that will also charge your phone and provide additional antenna strength too.
Bury System 9 Car Kit Cradles
There is a Bury System 9 cradle available for almost every phone on the market, there is a universal cradle that comes with different size mounts so can custom fit lots of different size phones and then there are specific cradles for;